Sunday 8 March 2015

Monday mornins and moanins

Those hate Monday adverts...well I don't. ..I like my job. Not all of it, I like it when the sun shines, but not too much, I like it when the leaves bud on the trees but it's also the time of year when nothings ready, so there's no money coming in!
No orders again this week.
The last of the celeriac are still in the ground, a few parsnips, and a few potatoes in the store.
No orders means no pay.
Can you imagine that?
There's still things to do though. As the sun starts to shine the ground warms up and I'm drawn to packets of seeds. And bags of compost!
So, made a proper strawberry bed for the more than two dozen plants I've found so far, picked parsnips, weighed potatoes, now my knees are complaining at the digging and the cats have taken over the sofa...
So, six hours work and I earnt.... £5 today! And that was mainly generosity as I tried to give someone free celeriac but they insisted on paying. I'm going to have to plough what's left in people,  let me be generous with my rejects! Same with the sugarbeet sized parsnips...can't sell em, can't give them away!
Time to make lasagne that's short on meat but big on flavour, *gets out of nanny chair ow creak ow* catch you tomorrow☺

No comments:

Post a Comment